Sunday, December 5, 2010

I'm the Wanderer

   You thought I fell off the face of the planet didn't you?  Maybe I did, but I'm back now....sort of.  Since my last blog a lot of things have (not) happened.  I did not go back overseas, partly because the company dragged their feet getting me an offer letter to the point where I'd have only a week to prepare to go overseas and I hate being rushed.  Also, the logistics of both me and my husband going overseas and trying to figure out what to do with two pets and a house full of stuff was just frustrating.  The ultimate reason though was that I didn't want to go and that I really wanted to get a "real" job here in the states, despite not knowing what a "real" job is anymore.  The military really screwed that up for me. 

    So, the hubby went overseas and I stayed  behind trying to figure out what to do with myself.  I decided to go ahead and move to the next state on our list of places to try and settle down in - Virginia.  The idea being that when my husband returns he will get a job here.  It helps that it's symbolically and literally a middle ground for my New York husband and my Georgia self.  I like it here so far, which is more than I could say for Arizona which depressed me from the first day we moved there. 


   So, you might ask, what are you doing now?  The answer is that I really have no idea.  My ultimate goal is to teach, but first I need to get certified.  I'm studying for my PRAXIS exams now, which is the first step.  But, since It'll be a while before I can start teaching I need to find something to do in the meantime.  Aside from joining a gym, taking my dog to training classes, and practicing my best teacher impersonation, I've given consideration to writing again.  I had stopped writing altogether (as is evidenced by my absence from my own blog) because I didn't take myself seriously and really had no idea the direction I would go with my writing.  However, now that I have the time I figure why the hell not?  I know I'll be here for a while so I don't have to worry about moving and can just dig in to the writing.  Worst case scenario: I get frustrated with it and my blogs become angsty(er?).    

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been able to make the best of, or enjoy any place that I've been. EXCEPT Sierra Vista. I hate that place.