Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Back in the Saddle

I realize I've been away from blogging or writing in general for a few months.  I've moved across the country, gotten a new job, and I'm already quitting and moving on to something else.  I'm still in training with the current job, if you can believe that.  Two and a half months in and I'm still in this God-awful training that serves no purpose.  I had gotten word that I would be laid off in September so I applied to other positions.  Although going back overseas wasn't my first choice, I turned to it because of the money offered and because, quite frankly, life is a lot simpler over there.  So, I have three weeks to get my affairs in order before I go back to Iraq, as a civilian this time. 


I'm one of these people that needs some sort of stability and regular schedule in my life.  Probably one of the reasons I haven't been writing since I've been here is that I haven't quite figured out what I'm doing here.  You'd think training would be a piece of cake, but I constantly have the feeling that I'm serving no purpose and I'm not contributing in any way.  This feeling only got worse when I knew I was losing my job.  What's the point of going through over two months of training to put in only a month and a half of work?  Now that I've  figured out what I'm doing next and I know what my next job consists of (only a week or two of training for that!), I feel much better.  I need to stop stressing over little things so much.

1 comment:

Sarrestia said...

Don't worry so much, chica...you now have a job, so you have a form of job security. It might not be stable, but since you will be a civilian, there is far less of a chance you will be pulled here and there.

I agree completely with the training. Even being out of the training and in a real "det"...I am constantly wondering what the point is. We aren't teaching very well, they keep changing or adding things that have no value to a group of students that can't seem to get even the basics of this job. Even if I keep this job, I want out. There is nothing stable about this job and it is only going to make you bitter and angry towards people, especially students.

Hang in there and hope your deployment, this time, is way better than all the others.